Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians works out Virginia Tech QB Logan Thomas
Head coach Bruce Arians was spotted in Blacksburg, VA Wednesday working out QB Logan Thomas.
Thomas is not viewed as one of the top quarterbacks in the draft and likely would be looked at in the second or third round by the Cardinals. Arizona is slated to pick 20th, 52nd and 84th in the first three rounds of the draft.
At 6-foot-6 and 257 pounds, Thomas has the type of size Arians seeks in the position, and he's also fairly mobile in the pocket.
Last season, as a senior, Thomas completed 56.5 percent of his passes while throwing for 2,907 yards, 16 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.