Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians works out Virginia Tech QB Logan Thomas
Head coach Bruce Arians was spotted in Blacksburg, VA Wednesday working out QB Logan Thomas.
Thomas is not viewed as one of the top quarterbacks in the draft and likely would be looked at in the second or third round by the Cardinals. Arizona is slated to pick 20th, 52nd and 84th in the first three rounds of the draft.
At 6-foot-6 and 257 pounds, Thomas has the type of size Arians seeks in the position, and he's also fairly mobile in the pocket.
Last season, as a senior, Thomas completed 56.5 percent of his passes while throwing for 2,907 yards, 16 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.