Kurt Warner tells TMZ he feels more allegiance to Arizona than St. Louis
Kurt Warner on TMZ?
The quarterback who led the Arizona Cardinals to their one and only Super Bowl appearance during the 2008 season was caught by the relentless cameras of TMZ in New York City.
He was first asked about whether he thought there was any scenario where he could see Geno Smith starting over Michael Vick in Week 1 for the New York Jets. Yawn.
Then the talk turned to his pro allegiance. Warner's storybook career started in St. Louis, where he led the Rams to two Super Bowls and where he won two league MVP awards.
"I probably feel more allegiance to Arizona than I do St. Louis just because there are a number of people that are still there, whether it's teammates or in the upper levels," Warner said. "Being the last place that I played, being that I still live there, there's probably a little more allegiance there."
Take that, St. Louis.
"But I'm still a huge fan of St. Louis, and I'm thankful for everything they gave me," he concluded.
Oh, Kurt...always saying the right thing. That rarely happens when somebody's talking to TMZ.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.