NFL.com: Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd make up NFL's 8th-best WR duo
The duo provided Carson Palmer with a couple of dangerous weapons in the passing game and helped the Cardinals reach the 10-win mark.
But where does the pair rank with regards to other receiver duos around the league?
According to NFL.com's Chris Wesseling, they come in at number eight.
Even if we give Fitzgerald a pass for playing through a pair of hamstring injuries last season, he hasn't been an elite playmaker since 2011. That doesn't mean he can't recapture that form again, but he has to show it on the field. Floyd cleared 90 yards in four of the final six games en route to a quiet 1,000-yard season. Still improving, Floyd is a fine second fiddle and emerging deep threat.
Given that Fitzgerald was just 56 yards short of also reaching the 1,000 yard mark, it seems a bit harsh to call out his skills. While he was not the player he was back when Kurt Warner was the team's quarterback, his 10 touchdowns tied him for 10th-best in the NFL.
As for the rest of the list, the Cardinals' duo trails Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery (Chicago), Julio Jones and Roddy White (Atlanta), Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate (Detroit), Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb (Green Bay), Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson (Washington), Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins (Houston) and Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker (Denver).
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.