NFL.com: Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd make up NFL's 8th-best WR duo
The duo provided Carson Palmer with a couple of dangerous weapons in the passing game and helped the Cardinals reach the 10-win mark.
But where does the pair rank with regards to other receiver duos around the league?
According to NFL.com's Chris Wesseling, they come in at number eight.
Even if we give Fitzgerald a pass for playing through a pair of hamstring injuries last season, he hasn't been an elite playmaker since 2011. That doesn't mean he can't recapture that form again, but he has to show it on the field. Floyd cleared 90 yards in four of the final six games en route to a quiet 1,000-yard season. Still improving, Floyd is a fine second fiddle and emerging deep threat.
Given that Fitzgerald was just 56 yards short of also reaching the 1,000 yard mark, it seems a bit harsh to call out his skills. While he was not the player he was back when Kurt Warner was the team's quarterback, his 10 touchdowns tied him for 10th-best in the NFL.
As for the rest of the list, the Cardinals' duo trails Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery (Chicago), Julio Jones and Roddy White (Atlanta), Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate (Detroit), Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb (Green Bay), Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson (Washington), Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins (Houston) and Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker (Denver).
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.