NFL.com: Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd make up NFL's 8th-best WR duo
The duo provided Carson Palmer with a couple of dangerous weapons in the passing game and helped the Cardinals reach the 10-win mark.
But where does the pair rank with regards to other receiver duos around the league?
According to NFL.com's Chris Wesseling, they come in at number eight.
Even if we give Fitzgerald a pass for playing through a pair of hamstring injuries last season, he hasn't been an elite playmaker since 2011. That doesn't mean he can't recapture that form again, but he has to show it on the field. Floyd cleared 90 yards in four of the final six games en route to a quiet 1,000-yard season. Still improving, Floyd is a fine second fiddle and emerging deep threat.
Given that Fitzgerald was just 56 yards short of also reaching the 1,000 yard mark, it seems a bit harsh to call out his skills. While he was not the player he was back when Kurt Warner was the team's quarterback, his 10 touchdowns tied him for 10th-best in the NFL.
As for the rest of the list, the Cardinals' duo trails Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery (Chicago), Julio Jones and Roddy White (Atlanta), Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate (Detroit), Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb (Green Bay), Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson (Washington), Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins (Houston) and Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker (Denver).
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b