NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
The former No. 3 overall pick caught 10 touchdown passes for the first time since 2009 and led Arizona with 82 receptions to go along with 954 yards.
The campaign earned him yet another Pro Bowl selection, the eighth of his esteemed career and seventh in as many years.
However, as father time continues to creep up on the 30-year-old wideout, one NFL writer believes he's still got plenty left in the tank.
This week, NFL.com's Mark Sessler listed his offensive candidates to bounce back with stellar 2014 seasons, and Fitzgerald found himself in the 'Bound to Improve' category.
As Sessler sees it, the more comfortable Fitzgerald gets in Bruce Arians' system, the more versatile he'll be when it comes to moving across the line in different formations -- as was the case for another Pro Bowl receiver.
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals: He hasn't dialed up a 1,000-yard campaign since 2011 and might wind up elsewhere before long if Michael Floyd continues to evolve as a potential No. 1. While Fitzgerald's explosiveness is trending downward, his cap number -- an outrageous $23.6 million in 2015 -- is set to explode. Still, the 30-year-old owns some of the finest hands in the league. Look for Bruce Arians to line Fitz up inside and out, mirroring Reggie Wayne's 2012 role with the Colts. If he can stay healthy, he's a logical pick to improve on last year's 82-954-10 stat line.
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.