Arizona Cardinals pick up fifth-year option on Patrick Peterson's contract
The move will keep the three-time Pro Bowler through the 2015 season, with the final year being worth a little more than $10 million, according to AZCardinals.com's Darren Urban.
Peterson originally joined the Cardinals as the fifth pick in the 2011 NFL Draft out of LSU. In three seasons, he has intercepted 12 passes and emerged as one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL.
The 6-foot-1, 219-pound player has previously discussed his contract situation, mostly saying he'd like to sign a long-term deal but will continue to play hard until that happens.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b