Arizona Cardinals GM talks about ASU's Will Sutton and Carl Bradford
Both defensive lineman Will Sutton and linebacker Carl Bradford are expected to be drafted at some point over the three-day event, likely in the second or third rounds.
Speaking at the team's Tempe training facility Thursday, Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim talked about the ASU stars.
"Will Sutton, to me, is a very talented guy," Keim said. "He's more of a 4-3 under tackle. Squatty, explosive, has the ability to penetrate and be a one-gap player. More quick than fast."
Sutton, the two-time Pac-12 Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year, accumulated 37 tackles for loss and 17 sacks over the last two seasons. His weight fluctuated and that brought questions about his motivation and readiness, but there is little denying the man's talent and ability.
"I think he's the kind of guy that has to fit in a certain type of scheme, but he certainly has a lot of value in our league," Keim said.
Then there's Bradford, a junior who is tallied 142 total tackles -- 39.5 of which were for loss -- along with 20 sacks the last two seasons.
An excellent athlete, Keim said his versatility is a major strength.
"He can play inside or outside," the GM said, noting that he could fit with the team in a variety of ways. "And he certainly is going to be a good fit on special teams because he plays like his hair's on fire.
"So he's the kind of guy, just from a passion standpoint, that you like."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.