The Pulse: Forget need, Cardinals should draft best player
Recently, we asked what the Arizona Cardinals' draft strategy should be.
A total of 783 votes were submitted, and it's clear fans are not worried about need so much as getting the best player on the board. That's where 497 votes, or 63 percent of the total, went.
The next highest total was 222 votes, which went for using a combination of need and best player.
Just 64 votes -- or eight percent -- went for going for biggest need.
Given all the Cardinals have said leading up to the draft with regards to their plan to take the best player on the board, it seems like the majority of fans will be pretty happy with the team's pick.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b