NFL Draft '14: Seth Cox Mock Draft 2.0 - Blake Bortles falls to Arizona Cardinals at No. 20
1. Houston Texans - Jadeveon Clowney, Edge Rusher, South Carolina
The rumor has it the owner wants Johnny Manziel, but everyone else likes Clowney. That's the right pick, unless you draft Khalil Mack.
2. St. Louis Rams - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn (Possible Trade Spot)
No mocking of trades, but it seems as though it is a foregone conclusion the Rams will move from here. Without a move they take the best run blocker in the draft, and let Jeff Fisher continue to build his offense.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Khalil Mack, Edge Rusher, Buffalo
I want to mock Teddy Bridgewater or Johnny Manziel here, but just can't do it. Jaguars grab their fit in the Bradley defense.
4. Cleveland Browns - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
The Browns get a weapon for Brian Hoyer. Evans gives the Browns a dynamic weapon to pair along with Josh Gordon, Jordan Cameron and Ben Tate.
5. Oakland Raiders- Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
Al Davis may be gone, but his spirit lives on and the Raiders take the best wide receiver in the draft.
6. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M (Possible Trade Spot)
The Falcons need to find a way to protect Matt Ryan or rush the opposing quarterback (up to two for Mack), so it comes down to the "sure thing" in Matthews or the superior specimen in Anthony Barr.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (Possible Trade Spot)
This spot will coveted, as teams try to secure the services of Donald, but the Bucs and Lovie Smith get their "Warren Sapp".
8. Minnesota Vikings - Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
Mike Zimmer wanted a shot at Donald and offensive coordinator Norv Turner wouldn't mind Bortles or Carr, but getting secondary help is a must, and Fuller has been the hot name being bandied about.
9. Buffalo Bills - Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
While Taylor Lewan should be in play here, the idea the Bills need more help for E.J. Manuel is real. Ebron is similar to Mike Evans, whom the Bills supposedly covet, and can be used as the big-bodied wide receiver they need.
10. Detroit Lions - Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU
Beckham is a hot name right now, with rumors the San Francisco 49ers would like to come up and get the talented wideout. But he goes here to the Lions and will give them an option next to Calvin Johnson.
11. Tennessee Titans - Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
The Titans moving to a 3-4 defense need either a pass rusher or a corner for the defense, and they take the highly talented Barr and let DC Ray Horton groom him.
12. New York Giants - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
The Giants score a huge victory. Getting Lewan at #12 will help protect Eli Manning, or whoever is the Giants quarterback going forward.
13. St. Louis Rams - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
The Rams are one of the teams that could move up to get Aaron Donald. If that doesn't work out they'll take the player highest on their board between Gilbert and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.
14. Chicago Bears - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
Meet another member of the Aaron Donald fan club, but if the Pitt defensive tackle is off the board, the Bears could look at the best safety prospect in the class, and they may believe it is Clinton-Dix.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
The Steelers have not drafted a corner in the first round in ages, but Dennard fits perfectly into the Steelers "tough as hell" mantra.
16. Dallas Cowboys - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
Pryor gives the Cowboys a physical presence in the back end of their defense.
17. Baltimore Ravens - Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame
The Ravens need help along the offensive line and Martin offers starting right tackle upside.
18. New York Jets - Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
Last season the Jets were waiting for Tavon Austin with the ninth pick, but the Rams traded up to make sure they secured the speedy receiver. This year, they don't miss out on Cooks, as they get more weapons for Geno Smith or Mike Vick.
19. Miami Dolphins - Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State
The rumor is that Shazier will not get past the Dolphins, who need help and youth at the linebacker position.
20. Arizona Cardinals - Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
Let the fan base be divided. The Cardinals sit at 20 with the intention of picking up the best defensive player on the board, but have fate them with the ultimate dilemma.
With Bortles available at 20, Steve Keim and Bruce Arians will have to decide if the answer is "YES" to the future or "YES" to the here and now.
21. Green Bay Packers - C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama
Maybe it is unlikely that the Alabama product falls all the way to 21, but the Packers take advantage and pull the trigger on a key part to what they hope is an improved defense.
22. Philadelphia Eagles - Marqise Lee, WR, USC
Chip Kelly has a familiarity with the Pac-12 product and the Eagles need to find a way to get DeSean Jackson's production back. Lee has the ability after the catch and can play all of the positions in the Eagles attack.
23. Kansas City Chiefs - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
The Chiefs having the ability to either sign Alex Smith long-term, or draft maybe the perfect Andy Reid quarterback. They'll do the latter and take the polarizing Manziel.
24. Cincinnati Bengals - Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois
The dynamic Ward goes to a very talented team, who may be just missing that one player to get them over the hump.
25. San Diego Chargers - Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA
The Chargers need help along the line to keep the offense afloat and Philip Rivers upright. Su'a-Filo is the best guard prospect in the draft and he'll be an ideal fit in San Diego.
26. Cleveland Browns - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
The Browns take a similar chance in 2014 that they took in 2012, this time going wide receiver early and quarterback late in round one.
27. New Orleans Saints - Marcus Martin, C, USC
The Saints lost their starting center, the linchpin to their offensive line and a very important battery mate to Drew Brees, and somehow they upgrade with Martin.
28. Carolina Panthers - Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
The Panthers need a left tackle badly, so they take the top player left on the board in Moses.
29. New England Patriots - Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
The Patriots get maybe a top-five athlete in the draft, but off-the-field concerns may cause Hageman to drop. The Patriots gladly accept the gift.
30. San Francisco 49ers - Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana
Latimer could be the answer the 49ers have been looking for at wide receiver. The long, lean and athletic Latimer didn't get much of a chance to show what he could do at Indiana, but that will change by the bay.
31. Denver Broncos - Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU
If the Broncos have shown us anything, it is that they are going all in this year, and they won't let their defense be what keeps them from winning a Super Bowl.
32. Seattle Seahawks - Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada
Seattle needs help along the offensive line and take one of the top offensive line prospects in the draft this year in Bitonio.
Seth Cox/TSHQ.co, Editor-in-chief of TSHQ.co
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.