Updated May 9, 2014 - 9:18 am
2014 NFL Draft: Around the NFC West
Thursday, the division's four teams turned their collective eye towards the future, making four of the first 32 selections in the 2014 NFL Draft.
Here's how the night panned out for each team:
Round 1, Pick 2:
Les Snead wasted little time finding protection for oft-injured quarterback Sam Bradford, taking offensive tackle Greg Robinson out of Auburn. Robinson played two seasons with the Tigers and was named a first-team All-SEC member in 2013.
Round 1, Pick 13:
The Rams didn't just bulk up their offensive line, though. With their second selection of the first round, Snead nabbed Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald. Donald had 11 sacks and four forced fumbles in 2013 -- making him a nice addition alongside the likes of Chris Long and Robert Quinn.
Round 1, Pick 27:
Steve Keim opted to move back in the first round, swapping the Cardinals' No. 20 overall pick for the New Orleans Saints' No. 27 and the No. 91 picks overall.
With the 27th pick, Arizona took safety Deone Bucannon, who led the Pac-12 in interceptions and total tackles as a senior.
Round 1, Pick 30:
For the second consecutive draft, Trent Baalke opted to add depth to his secondary, grabbing safety Jimmie Ward out of Northern Illinois.
The 5-foot-11 standout was a three-time All-MEAC selection.
Round 1, Pick 32:
John Schneider and the reigning Super Bowl champs decided to move out of the first round, sending their final pick of the night to the Minnesota Vikings for second (No. 40) and fourth round (No. 102) picks.
The Vikings then used the No. 32 pick to take Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.
- Tommy Kelly happy to be wanted, with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves