Arizona product Taylor Lewan selected No. 11 overall by Tennessee Titans
Offensive lineman Taylor Lewan became the sixth player from Arizona to hear his name in the first round since 2003 when the Tennessee Titans selected him with the No. 11 pick in Thursday's 2014 NFL Draft.
Lewan, who played at both Cactus Shadows and Chaparral, joins the likes of Antoine Cason, Cameron Jordan, Dion Jordan, Prince Amukamara and Terrell Suggs to take their talents from the Grand Canyon State to the NFL over the last 11 years.
The former preps standout was a four-year starter at Michigan, where he was twice named the Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year (2012 and 2013) and First-Team All-American (2012 and 2013).
With his selection, Lewan becomes to the 229th Arizona high school athlete to get drafted.
He's the fourth to play at Chaparral, and the first to come through Cactus Shadows.
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.