Arizona product Taylor Lewan selected No. 11 overall by Tennessee Titans
Offensive lineman Taylor Lewan became the sixth player from Arizona to hear his name in the first round since 2003 when the Tennessee Titans selected him with the No. 11 pick in Thursday's 2014 NFL Draft.
Lewan, who played at both Cactus Shadows and Chaparral, joins the likes of Antoine Cason, Cameron Jordan, Dion Jordan, Prince Amukamara and Terrell Suggs to take their talents from the Grand Canyon State to the NFL over the last 11 years.
The former preps standout was a four-year starter at Michigan, where he was twice named the Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year (2012 and 2013) and First-Team All-American (2012 and 2013).
With his selection, Lewan becomes to the 229th Arizona high school athlete to get drafted.
He's the fourth to play at Chaparral, and the first to come through Cactus Shadows.
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves