Arizona product Taylor Lewan selected No. 11 overall by Tennessee Titans
Offensive lineman Taylor Lewan became the sixth player from Arizona to hear his name in the first round since 2003 when the Tennessee Titans selected him with the No. 11 pick in Thursday's 2014 NFL Draft.
Lewan, who played at both Cactus Shadows and Chaparral, joins the likes of Antoine Cason, Cameron Jordan, Dion Jordan, Prince Amukamara and Terrell Suggs to take their talents from the Grand Canyon State to the NFL over the last 11 years.
The former preps standout was a four-year starter at Michigan, where he was twice named the Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year (2012 and 2013) and First-Team All-American (2012 and 2013).
With his selection, Lewan becomes to the 229th Arizona high school athlete to get drafted.
He's the fourth to play at Chaparral, and the first to come through Cactus Shadows.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.