Arizona product Taylor Lewan selected No. 11 overall by Tennessee Titans
Offensive lineman Taylor Lewan became the sixth player from Arizona to hear his name in the first round since 2003 when the Tennessee Titans selected him with the No. 11 pick in Thursday's 2014 NFL Draft.
Lewan, who played at both Cactus Shadows and Chaparral, joins the likes of Antoine Cason, Cameron Jordan, Dion Jordan, Prince Amukamara and Terrell Suggs to take their talents from the Grand Canyon State to the NFL over the last 11 years.
The former preps standout was a four-year starter at Michigan, where he was twice named the Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year (2012 and 2013) and First-Team All-American (2012 and 2013).
With his selection, Lewan becomes to the 229th Arizona high school athlete to get drafted.
He's the fourth to play at Chaparral, and the first to come through Cactus Shadows.
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.