Updated May 9, 2014 - 8:29 pm
Cardinals snag defensive end Kareem Martin with the No. 84 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft
With the No. 84 pick, the Cardinals snagged defensive end Kareem Martin out of North Carolina.
Though with Arizona, he may be asked to play the Will linebacker.
"For us, the Will linebacker is really a defensive end," Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said. "The Sam, you're just standing up and setting the edge of the defense, which he has good enough strength to do. I think he's more comfortable with his hand in the dirt, but we'll see how that goes."
A three-year starter for the Tar Heels, Martin left Chapel Hill with 45.5 tackles for a loss, 19.5 sacks and four forced fumbles.
The 2013 All-ACC first teamer closed his career with a tremendous senior campaign, recording a career-high 11.5 sacks -- good for third-best in the conference.
Martin becomes the second Tar Heel taken by the Cardinals in as many years, joining last year's No. 7 overall pick Jonathan Cooper.
"He was a great offensive lineman," Martin said of Cooper. "I got the best of him a few times, but he's just so technically-sound that he was hard to beat on a consistent basis."
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.