Updated May 9, 2014 - 8:29 pm
Cardinals snag defensive end Kareem Martin with the No. 84 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft
With the No. 84 pick, the Cardinals snagged defensive end Kareem Martin out of North Carolina.
Though with Arizona, he may be asked to play the Will linebacker.
"For us, the Will linebacker is really a defensive end," Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said. "The Sam, you're just standing up and setting the edge of the defense, which he has good enough strength to do. I think he's more comfortable with his hand in the dirt, but we'll see how that goes."
A three-year starter for the Tar Heels, Martin left Chapel Hill with 45.5 tackles for a loss, 19.5 sacks and four forced fumbles.
The 2013 All-ACC first teamer closed his career with a tremendous senior campaign, recording a career-high 11.5 sacks -- good for third-best in the conference.
Martin becomes the second Tar Heel taken by the Cardinals in as many years, joining last year's No. 7 overall pick Jonathan Cooper.
"He was a great offensive lineman," Martin said of Cooper. "I got the best of him a few times, but he's just so technically-sound that he was hard to beat on a consistent basis."
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.