Updated May 10, 2014 - 2:21 am
Arizona Cardinals' third-round pick John Brown: By The Numbers
Brown, a standout at Division II Pittsburg State, was taken by Arizona with the No. 91 overall pick Friday.
Here's a look at the speedy wideout by the numbers:
3 Part I:
Brown isn't just a dynamic receiver, he's also a leader. The third-round pick was a three-time captain at the collegiate level.
3 Part II:
In each of his three years at Pittsburg State, Brown was named a Division II All-American.
Brown was the second-fastest guy at the NFL Combine in February. The 5-foot-11 wide receiver ran a 4.34-second time in the 40-yard dash.
The Florida native became the ninth Pittsburg State to have his name called during the NFL Draft.
The last Pittsburg State player taken in the NFL Draft was running back Ronald Moore back in 1993. The team that took him was the Phoenix Cardinals.
In 2011, Brown was a key part of the Gorillas' national championship team -- making him the only player of the Cardinals' first four taken in the 2014 Draft to win a title.
Although he played at the DII level, Brown's production was remarkable regardless of the competition. He left Pittsburg State with 185 career catches for 3,300 yards and 32 touchdowns.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.