Updated May 10, 2014 - 11:43 am
Arizona Cardinals select QB Logan Thomas in 4th round of NFL Draft
The Cardinals selected former Virginia Tech signal-caller Logan Thomas with the No. 120 overall pick, making him the sixth quarterback taken in the draft.
"I had a pretty good idea I had a chance to go to the Cardinals, and really it's what I was hoping," Thomas said on a conference call with the media after his selection.
"It just felt right from the very beginning."
Thomas, a 6-foot-6, 260-pounder, is off the charts athletically and physically, but his on-field performance has been somewhat lacking.
He tossed 16 touchdowns and 13 interceptions as a senior, completing 56.5 percent of his passes. Thomas is the seventh quarterback drafted out of Virgina Tech, and the first since Michael Vick in 2001.
Thomas, out of Arians' alma mater, underwent a workout with the Cardinals on campus earlier this offseason. Thomas fits the Arians profile of big-bodied, strong-armed, athletic quarterbacks.
"For me, I couldn't have gone into a better situation," Thomas said.
Thomas created some NFL Draft buzz after his sophomore season, in which he completed almost 60 percent of his passes with 19 touchdowns and 10 interceptions, but his growth seemed to stall from there.
"What being a quarterback comes down to is throwing an accurate ball," Thomas said. "This offseason I could really go refine some things. I feel really good about it and I'm excited to take some steps."
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.