Updated May 10, 2014 - 11:43 am
Arizona Cardinals select QB Logan Thomas in 4th round of NFL Draft
The Cardinals selected former Virginia Tech signal-caller Logan Thomas with the No. 120 overall pick, making him the sixth quarterback taken in the draft.
"I had a pretty good idea I had a chance to go to the Cardinals, and really it's what I was hoping," Thomas said on a conference call with the media after his selection.
"It just felt right from the very beginning."
Thomas, a 6-foot-6, 260-pounder, is off the charts athletically and physically, but his on-field performance has been somewhat lacking.
He tossed 16 touchdowns and 13 interceptions as a senior, completing 56.5 percent of his passes. Thomas is the seventh quarterback drafted out of Virgina Tech, and the first since Michael Vick in 2001.
Thomas, out of Arians' alma mater, underwent a workout with the Cardinals on campus earlier this offseason. Thomas fits the Arians profile of big-bodied, strong-armed, athletic quarterbacks.
"For me, I couldn't have gone into a better situation," Thomas said.
Thomas created some NFL Draft buzz after his sophomore season, in which he completed almost 60 percent of his passes with 19 touchdowns and 10 interceptions, but his growth seemed to stall from there.
"What being a quarterback comes down to is throwing an accurate ball," Thomas said. "This offseason I could really go refine some things. I feel really good about it and I'm excited to take some steps."
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?