Updated May 10, 2014 - 12:49 pm
Arizona Cardinals fourth-round pick Logan Thomas: By The Numbers
By selecting Logan Thomas, a QB out of Virginia Tech, with their fourth-round pick in the NFL Draft (No. 120 overall), the Cardinals have the big, strong-armed, athletic signal caller that Arians has preferred throughout his caching career.
Standing at 6-foor-6 and nearly 260 pounds, there aren't many questions about Thomas' physical abilities. But his production in college didn't match his physicality.
Here's a closer look at Thomas, By The Numbers:
Thomas was the No. 1 performer among quarterbacks in three drills at the NFL Scouting Combine -- the 40-yard dash (4.61 seconds), vertical jump (35.5 inches) and broad jump (nine feet, 10 inches). He finished second in the 20-yard shuttle behind Johnny Manziel and third in the three-cone drill behind Jordan Lynch and Manziel.
While Thomas is off the charts physically, he posted just a 1.36 touchdown-to-interception ratio throughout his Virginia Tech career.
Thomas was the sixth quarterback taken, and was also selected ahead of big names like A.J. McCarron, Aaron Murray and Zach Mettenberger.
The best completion percentage of Thomas' VT career came as a sophomore, when he completed 59.8 of his passes in his first year as a starter.
The longest run of Thomas' Virgina Tech career was a 73-yard touchdown as a junior against Miami.
Thomas accounted for 77 touchdowns in his Hokies career, 24 of which came on the ground while 53 came via passes.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.