Richard Sherman reacts to Patrick Peterson comments via Twitter
Last week, Seattle corner Richard Sherman received a four-year, $57 million deal that will give him $40 million guaranteed.
Tuesday, Cleveland's Joe Haden got paid as well, getting a five-year, $68 million pact that brings $45 million in guaranteed money.
All this had led to speculation on the contract future of Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson, who has been a Pro Bowler in each of his first three seasons.
Peterson has two years remaining on his rookie deal, but is aware of what's happening around the league at the cornerback position.
"I'm definitely excited to see what that number may be, since Richard got paid, but we have to wait and see," Peterson said with a smile Monday.
"I mean, I think I am," Peterson responded when asked if he's worth more than Sherman. "But at the end of the day both sides have to agree to terms and we'll see what those terms are and hopefully sooner than later."
Never one to let anyone talk about him -- as the world knows from his post-NFC Championship Game rant on San Francisco's Michael Crabtree -- Sherman responded to Peterson's comments via Twitter Tuesday.
Interceptions aside, Sherman did rank as the sixth-best corner in the league based on ratings from ProFootballFocus.com. Peterson ranked 16th among the 110 players rated.
|Player, Team||PFF Rank||Targets||Catches||Comp. %||Yds.||Avg.||YAC||Long||TD||INT||PD||Opp. QB Rating|
|Richard Sherman, SEA||6||58||30||51.7||421||14.0||112||73||2||8||5||47.3|
|Patrick Peterson, ARZ||16||90||49||54.4||688||14.0||284||72||7||3||6||91.3|
|Joe Haden, CLE||18||99||55||55.6||557||10.1||169||41||6||4||12||75.2|
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Arizona Cardinals' Alex Okafor's transition to linebacker is complete
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi