Richard Sherman reacts to Patrick Peterson comments via Twitter
Last week, Seattle corner Richard Sherman received a four-year, $57 million deal that will give him $40 million guaranteed.
Tuesday, Cleveland's Joe Haden got paid as well, getting a five-year, $68 million pact that brings $45 million in guaranteed money.
All this had led to speculation on the contract future of Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson, who has been a Pro Bowler in each of his first three seasons.
Peterson has two years remaining on his rookie deal, but is aware of what's happening around the league at the cornerback position.
"I'm definitely excited to see what that number may be, since Richard got paid, but we have to wait and see," Peterson said with a smile Monday.
"I mean, I think I am," Peterson responded when asked if he's worth more than Sherman. "But at the end of the day both sides have to agree to terms and we'll see what those terms are and hopefully sooner than later."
Never one to let anyone talk about him -- as the world knows from his post-NFC Championship Game rant on San Francisco's Michael Crabtree -- Sherman responded to Peterson's comments via Twitter Tuesday.
Interceptions aside, Sherman did rank as the sixth-best corner in the league based on ratings from ProFootballFocus.com. Peterson ranked 16th among the 110 players rated.
|Player, Team||PFF Rank||Targets||Catches||Comp. %||Yds.||Avg.||YAC||Long||TD||INT||PD||Opp. QB Rating|
|Richard Sherman, SEA||6||58||30||51.7||421||14.0||112||73||2||8||5||47.3|
|Patrick Peterson, ARZ||16||90||49||54.4||688||14.0||284||72||7||3||6||91.3|
|Joe Haden, CLE||18||99||55||55.6||557||10.1||169||41||6||4||12||75.2|
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.