Richard Sherman reacts to Patrick Peterson comments via Twitter
Last week, Seattle corner Richard Sherman received a four-year, $57 million deal that will give him $40 million guaranteed.
Tuesday, Cleveland's Joe Haden got paid as well, getting a five-year, $68 million pact that brings $45 million in guaranteed money.
All this had led to speculation on the contract future of Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson, who has been a Pro Bowler in each of his first three seasons.
Peterson has two years remaining on his rookie deal, but is aware of what's happening around the league at the cornerback position.
"I'm definitely excited to see what that number may be, since Richard got paid, but we have to wait and see," Peterson said with a smile Monday.
"I mean, I think I am," Peterson responded when asked if he's worth more than Sherman. "But at the end of the day both sides have to agree to terms and we'll see what those terms are and hopefully sooner than later."
Never one to let anyone talk about him -- as the world knows from his post-NFC Championship Game rant on San Francisco's Michael Crabtree -- Sherman responded to Peterson's comments via Twitter Tuesday.
Interceptions aside, Sherman did rank as the sixth-best corner in the league based on ratings from ProFootballFocus.com. Peterson ranked 16th among the 110 players rated.
|Player, Team||PFF Rank||Targets||Catches||Comp. %||Yds.||Avg.||YAC||Long||TD||INT||PD||Opp. QB Rating|
|Richard Sherman, SEA||6||58||30||51.7||421||14.0||112||73||2||8||5||47.3|
|Patrick Peterson, ARZ||16||90||49||54.4||688||14.0||284||72||7||3||6||91.3|
|Joe Haden, CLE||18||99||55||55.6||557||10.1||169||41||6||4||12||75.2|
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 27, 2014
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.