Updated May 14, 2014 - 1:20 am
The Pulse: Fans overwhelmingly not worried about Patrick Peterson's contract status going into 2014
Because Arizona picked up his fifth-year option, Peterson is still playing under his rookie contract for another two years.
At an event Monday, though, Peterson reiterated to the media that he has no intention of holding out if the Cardinals don't offer him a new deal before 2015 comes to a close.
"I have two more years left on my contract," Peterson said. "I think I'm definitely well deserving of a new contract, but at the end of the day it's a business. You've got cap numbers, you've got other guys you need to take care of like the rookie pool, and all that stuff falls under perspective."
With that said, ArizonaSports.com asked its readers if they were concerned about Peterson's contract status heading into the 2014 campaign.
Overwhelmingly, the answer was no -- to the tune of 303 votes out of a possible 354 (86 percent).
As it turns out, fans around the Valley have faith in the organization and its star corner to get a deal done at some point in the future.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.