Updated May 14, 2014 - 1:20 am
The Pulse: Fans overwhelmingly not worried about Patrick Peterson's contract status going into 2014
Because Arizona picked up his fifth-year option, Peterson is still playing under his rookie contract for another two years.
At an event Monday, though, Peterson reiterated to the media that he has no intention of holding out if the Cardinals don't offer him a new deal before 2015 comes to a close.
"I have two more years left on my contract," Peterson said. "I think I'm definitely well deserving of a new contract, but at the end of the day it's a business. You've got cap numbers, you've got other guys you need to take care of like the rookie pool, and all that stuff falls under perspective."
With that said, ArizonaSports.com asked its readers if they were concerned about Peterson's contract status heading into the 2014 campaign.
Overwhelmingly, the answer was no -- to the tune of 303 votes out of a possible 354 (86 percent).
As it turns out, fans around the Valley have faith in the organization and its star corner to get a deal done at some point in the future.
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.