Updated May 14, 2014 - 1:20 am
The Pulse: Fans overwhelmingly not worried about Patrick Peterson's contract status going into 2014
Because Arizona picked up his fifth-year option, Peterson is still playing under his rookie contract for another two years.
At an event Monday, though, Peterson reiterated to the media that he has no intention of holding out if the Cardinals don't offer him a new deal before 2015 comes to a close.
"I have two more years left on my contract," Peterson said. "I think I'm definitely well deserving of a new contract, but at the end of the day it's a business. You've got cap numbers, you've got other guys you need to take care of like the rookie pool, and all that stuff falls under perspective."
With that said, ArizonaSports.com asked its readers if they were concerned about Peterson's contract status heading into the 2014 campaign.
Overwhelmingly, the answer was no -- to the tune of 303 votes out of a possible 354 (86 percent).
As it turns out, fans around the Valley have faith in the organization and its star corner to get a deal done at some point in the future.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.