Updated May 23, 2014 - 11:26 am
Patrick Peterson-Richard Sherman Twitter war spills into the night
Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson shared his thoughts on his game compared to that of Seattle Seahawks corner Richard Sherman Thursday on Bickley and Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.
Sherman's social media response was swift. Peterson then responded.
If you stopped following this saga at close of business Thursday, you're missing out.
Sherman posted this:
Never confuse Potential with Production! In the game of Life winners win. Loser say what if. #Levels— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 23, 2014
Lockdown everywhere but the field pic.twitter.com/5vUyyhNIvn— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 23, 2014
Then Peterson started breaking down film and responded with:
That's what I always see someone helping. Last I check a lockdown corner is when it's him and WR. pic.twitter.com/ytHQcJsZCH— Patrick Peterson (@RealPeterson21) May 23, 2014
@RealPeterson21 wideouts regularly have career days on u. They ask u to stop them. Not let them score at will.— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 23, 2014
Earlier Thursday Sherman called Peterson "a kid" -- which is interesting since they've both been in the league since 2011.
@PFF_Pete this kid gave up as many Tds this year as I have in my career. He wouldn't last in our system bcuz he gives up too many Tds— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 22, 2014
Peterson didn't like that too much, either.
Is it over? Only time will tell. But we can't wait until football season!
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.