Updated May 23, 2014 - 11:26 am
Patrick Peterson-Richard Sherman Twitter war spills into the night
Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson shared his thoughts on his game compared to that of Seattle Seahawks corner Richard Sherman Thursday on Bickley and Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.
Sherman's social media response was swift. Peterson then responded.
If you stopped following this saga at close of business Thursday, you're missing out.
Sherman posted this:
Never confuse Potential with Production! In the game of Life winners win. Loser say what if. #Levels— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 23, 2014
Lockdown everywhere but the field pic.twitter.com/5vUyyhNIvn— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 23, 2014
Then Peterson started breaking down film and responded with:
That's what I always see someone helping. Last I check a lockdown corner is when it's him and WR. pic.twitter.com/ytHQcJsZCH— Patrick Peterson (@RealPeterson21) May 23, 2014
@RealPeterson21 wideouts regularly have career days on u. They ask u to stop them. Not let them score at will.— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 23, 2014
Earlier Thursday Sherman called Peterson "a kid" -- which is interesting since they've both been in the league since 2011.
@PFF_Pete this kid gave up as many Tds this year as I have in my career. He wouldn't last in our system bcuz he gives up too many Tds— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 22, 2014
Peterson didn't like that too much, either.
Is it over? Only time will tell. But we can't wait until football season!
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Arizona Cardinals' Bobby Massie eager to earn back starting job at right tackle
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.