The Pulse: Taylor the favorite to spell Ellington in Cardinals' backfield
On Wednesday, we asked you to take a closer look at the Arizona Cardinals' backfield and answer the question of who will get the most touches behind No. 1 running back Andre Ellington.
A total of 436 votes were submitted, and second-year running back Stepfan Taylor out of Stanford is the favorite to spell Ellington.
A whopping 64 percent of the vote went toward Taylor, with free agent signee Jonathan Dwyer receiving 31 percent. Rookie Zach Bauman received just three percent of the vote, while two percent of you chose the "other" option.
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said Wednesday that the goal is for Ellington to get 25-30 touches per game this season.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!