Updated May 30, 2014 - 9:24 am
Report: Free agent LB Ernie Sims pays visit to Arizona Cardinals
That search is exacerbated by Friday's news that linebacker Daryl Washington is facing a season-long suspension in 2014.
According to Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com, the Cardinals are looking for another inside linebacker, and they've brought in free agent Ernie Sims for a visit.
Sims, 29, was a first-round pick of the Detroit Lions out of Florida State in 2006. He spent four years in Detroit before moving on to Philadelphia in 2010, Indianapolis in 2011 and Dallas for the last two seasons. With the Cowboys, Sims played in 22 games, starting 12 and registering 86 total tackles.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.