Updated May 30, 2014 - 9:24 am
Report: Free agent LB Ernie Sims pays visit to Arizona Cardinals
That search is exacerbated by Friday's news that linebacker Daryl Washington is facing a season-long suspension in 2014.
According to Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com, the Cardinals are looking for another inside linebacker, and they've brought in free agent Ernie Sims for a visit.
Sims, 29, was a first-round pick of the Detroit Lions out of Florida State in 2006. He spent four years in Detroit before moving on to Philadelphia in 2010, Indianapolis in 2011 and Dallas for the last two seasons. With the Cowboys, Sims played in 22 games, starting 12 and registering 86 total tackles.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.