Updated May 30, 2014 - 9:24 am
Report: Free agent LB Ernie Sims pays visit to Arizona Cardinals
That search is exacerbated by Friday's news that linebacker Daryl Washington is facing a season-long suspension in 2014.
According to Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com, the Cardinals are looking for another inside linebacker, and they've brought in free agent Ernie Sims for a visit.
Sims, 29, was a first-round pick of the Detroit Lions out of Florida State in 2006. He spent four years in Detroit before moving on to Philadelphia in 2010, Indianapolis in 2011 and Dallas for the last two seasons. With the Cowboys, Sims played in 22 games, starting 12 and registering 86 total tackles.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- The Pulse: Most fans not very concerned with the Arizona Cardinals' preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.