Updated May 30, 2014 - 9:24 am
Report: Free agent LB Ernie Sims pays visit to Arizona Cardinals
That search is exacerbated by Friday's news that linebacker Daryl Washington is facing a season-long suspension in 2014.
According to Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com, the Cardinals are looking for another inside linebacker, and they've brought in free agent Ernie Sims for a visit.
Sims, 29, was a first-round pick of the Detroit Lions out of Florida State in 2006. He spent four years in Detroit before moving on to Philadelphia in 2010, Indianapolis in 2011 and Dallas for the last two seasons. With the Cowboys, Sims played in 22 games, starting 12 and registering 86 total tackles.
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.