Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington has been suspended by the NFL for the 2014 season due to violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Washington missed four games last season due to the same issue.
Friday afternoon, he released a statement through his agent:
Daryl Washington Statement on suspension: pic.twitter.com/pUfxyx9WlY— Jordan Woy (@JordanWoy) May 30, 2014
- Burns: Replacing most irreplaceable player
- Cardinals forced to march on without Washington
- Wolf: Next Man Up
- Cards will place Washington on reserve-susp. list
- The Pulse: Washington 'deserved' suspension
- Marotta: Wouldn't want to be Keim right now
- Gambo: Cardinals need to cut Washington now
- Analyst: Washington 'ultimate in selfishness'
- Clayton: Cardinals can still be a playoff team
- Dockett tweets about Washington suspension
- Franz: Cardinals should cut ties with Washington
- Washington suspended for entire 2014 season
- Report: Free agent LB Sims pays visit to Cards
- Daryl Washington releases statement