Updated Jun 1, 2014 - 8:54 pm
The Pulse: Year-long suspension 'exactly what Daryl Washington deserved'
Friday, he was suspended by the NFL for the entirety of the 2014 NFL season for once again violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Although Washington is regarded as of the franchise's defensive cornerstones, fans around the Valley were not afraid to speak their mind about his latest err in judgement.
We at ArizonaSports.com posed the question as to whether or not the former Pro Bowler's penalty was lenient, too harsh or just right.
And the latter option won going away.
Out of a possible 930 votes, 634 readers (68 percent) felt that Washington's punishment fit the crime.
A sizable minority of 27 percent felt the league came down way too hard on the former second-round pick, while 44 voters expressed a desire for an even lengthier ban.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b