Arizona Cardinals sign first-round pick Deone Bucannon
The Arizona Cardinals announced Thursday they had signed safety Deone Bucannon to a four-year contract. Their first-round pick, he is the last member of the team's 2014 draft class to agree to a contract.
Bucannon was selected 27th overall out of Washington State. Last season, as a senior, he earned first-team All-American honors after recording a team-best 114 tackles (78 solo) along with six interceptions, 4.5 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
The 21-year-old is expected to compete for a starting spot with the team.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.