Arizona Cardinals sign first-round pick Deone Bucannon
The Arizona Cardinals announced Thursday they had signed safety Deone Bucannon to a four-year contract. Their first-round pick, he is the last member of the team's 2014 draft class to agree to a contract.
Bucannon was selected 27th overall out of Washington State. Last season, as a senior, he earned first-team All-American honors after recording a team-best 114 tackles (78 solo) along with six interceptions, 4.5 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
The 21-year-old is expected to compete for a starting spot with the team.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.