New linebacker Ernie Sims feels 'at home' with Cardinals
Now the former Florida State Seminole may have finally found a home in Glendale.
"I like the pace here in Arizona," Sims told Bickley and Marotta Thursday afternoon on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "I like the feel of the coach, I like the feel of the players I like the feel of the environment. It makes me feel more comfortable and more at home."
Sims' newfound level of comfort is in part due to his familiarity with some of his Cardinals teammates. He played alongside defensive end Darnell Dockett and cornerback Antonio Cromartie at FSU.
"We go way back," Sims said. "Both of them are good friends of mine. He (Cromartie) stayed at my house plenty of times in high school."
While Dockett and Cromartie are both locks to start next season, Sims was brought in to add depth at the linebacker position after the suspension of Daryl Washington on May 29th.
"He's a veteran linebacker with speed whose played his best inside," head coach Bruce Arians said after OTAs Thursday. "It's a matter of throwing him into the mix and seeing what he can do."
If Sims is going to gain the attention of the coaching staff, he will have to learn Todd Bowles' 3-4 defense quickly. He was a part of Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2 defense in Dallas but added that he is willing to adjust.
"I'm a veteran I've been there done that," Sims said. "I've been through several schemes and I understand what offenses are going to try to do."
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!