New linebacker Ernie Sims feels 'at home' with Cardinals
Now the former Florida State Seminole may have finally found a home in Glendale.
"I like the pace here in Arizona," Sims told Bickley and Marotta Thursday afternoon on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "I like the feel of the coach, I like the feel of the players I like the feel of the environment. It makes me feel more comfortable and more at home."
Sims' newfound level of comfort is in part due to his familiarity with some of his Cardinals teammates. He played alongside defensive end Darnell Dockett and cornerback Antonio Cromartie at FSU.
"We go way back," Sims said. "Both of them are good friends of mine. He (Cromartie) stayed at my house plenty of times in high school."
While Dockett and Cromartie are both locks to start next season, Sims was brought in to add depth at the linebacker position after the suspension of Daryl Washington on May 29th.
"He's a veteran linebacker with speed whose played his best inside," head coach Bruce Arians said after OTAs Thursday. "It's a matter of throwing him into the mix and seeing what he can do."
If Sims is going to gain the attention of the coaching staff, he will have to learn Todd Bowles' 3-4 defense quickly. He was a part of Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2 defense in Dallas but added that he is willing to adjust.
"I'm a veteran I've been there done that," Sims said. "I've been through several schemes and I understand what offenses are going to try to do."
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?