ESPN: Arizona Cardinals a regression candidate in 2014
Yates, citing linebacker concerns and the difficult NFC West, projects the Cardinals to finish 7-9 in 2014.
The Cardinals recently lost linebacker Daryl Washington to a season-long suspension, leaving an already-thin linebacker corps in rough shape. Karlos Dansby is now a Cleveland Brown, leaving Kevin Minter (one career defensive snap) and Larry Foote (age 33) as projected starters. Minter is a downhill thumper, but unproven. Foote has the instincts and savvy to quarterback a defense, but the range concerns are legitimate. The Cardinals were just 3-6 against teams with winning records in 2013 and play in the best division in the NFL.
The depleted linebacker corps certainly hurts Cardinals' defense, but the team's schedule is only slightly tougher than last season (.547 opponent win percentage in 2014 vs. .533 in 2013).
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.