Arizona Cardinals rookie Troy Niklas out until training camp with broken right hand
Before he can prove that, he's going to have to catch a break.
Niklas, who missed some of the early parts of OTAs while recovering from hernia surgery, is out again with another injury.
"He twisted his finger in a jersey the other day and broke his hand," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said after minicamp Tuesday. "He'll miss until we get ready for camp."
Niklas, who attended Notre Dame, spent two seasons as a tight end, catching 37 passes for 573 yards and six touchdowns.
At 6-foot-6 and 270 pounds, he certainly has the size to play the position, and the 21-year-old appears to have a bright future ahead of him.
It will just have to wait a little bit longer.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves