Arizona Cardinals rookie Troy Niklas out until training camp with broken right hand
Before he can prove that, he's going to have to catch a break.
Niklas, who missed some of the early parts of OTAs while recovering from hernia surgery, is out again with another injury.
"He twisted his finger in a jersey the other day and broke his hand," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said after minicamp Tuesday. "He'll miss until we get ready for camp."
Niklas, who attended Notre Dame, spent two seasons as a tight end, catching 37 passes for 573 yards and six touchdowns.
At 6-foot-6 and 270 pounds, he certainly has the size to play the position, and the 21-year-old appears to have a bright future ahead of him.
It will just have to wait a little bit longer.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.