CBS Sports' Prisco: Cardinals' Andre Ellington underrated, Darnell Dockett overrated
It is with that in mind that CBS Sports' Pete Prisco created a list featuring one player from each team that fits into those categories.
For the Arizona Cardinals, he lists running back Andre Ellington as the most underrated player.
He is the prototype "air back." He can rip off long runs and hurt a defense in the passing game. He should be special this season for the Cardinals.
A fifth-round pick out of Clemson in 2013, Ellington emerged as a key member of the Cardinals' offense as a rookie, tallying 118 carries for 652 yards and 39 receptions for 371 yards. He scored a total of four touchdowns, and is expected to be the focal point of the team's offensive attack in 2014.
On the flip side, Prisco says defensive lineman Darnell Dockett is the most overrated player on the team.
He's still a decent player, but he's nowhere close to what he used to be, which, at times, was a dominant lineman.
The 33-year-old is entering his 11th NFL season -- all with the Cardinals. In 2013, he earned 36 total tackles along with 4.5 sacks, which was his most since 2010 when he had five.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.