CBS Sports' Prisco: Cardinals' Andre Ellington underrated, Darnell Dockett overrated
It is with that in mind that CBS Sports' Pete Prisco created a list featuring one player from each team that fits into those categories.
For the Arizona Cardinals, he lists running back Andre Ellington as the most underrated player.
He is the prototype "air back." He can rip off long runs and hurt a defense in the passing game. He should be special this season for the Cardinals.
A fifth-round pick out of Clemson in 2013, Ellington emerged as a key member of the Cardinals' offense as a rookie, tallying 118 carries for 652 yards and 39 receptions for 371 yards. He scored a total of four touchdowns, and is expected to be the focal point of the team's offensive attack in 2014.
On the flip side, Prisco says defensive lineman Darnell Dockett is the most overrated player on the team.
He's still a decent player, but he's nowhere close to what he used to be, which, at times, was a dominant lineman.
The 33-year-old is entering his 11th NFL season -- all with the Cardinals. In 2013, he earned 36 total tackles along with 4.5 sacks, which was his most since 2010 when he had five.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.