CBS Sports' Prisco: Cardinals' Andre Ellington underrated, Darnell Dockett overrated
It is with that in mind that CBS Sports' Pete Prisco created a list featuring one player from each team that fits into those categories.
For the Arizona Cardinals, he lists running back Andre Ellington as the most underrated player.
He is the prototype "air back." He can rip off long runs and hurt a defense in the passing game. He should be special this season for the Cardinals.
A fifth-round pick out of Clemson in 2013, Ellington emerged as a key member of the Cardinals' offense as a rookie, tallying 118 carries for 652 yards and 39 receptions for 371 yards. He scored a total of four touchdowns, and is expected to be the focal point of the team's offensive attack in 2014.
On the flip side, Prisco says defensive lineman Darnell Dockett is the most overrated player on the team.
He's still a decent player, but he's nowhere close to what he used to be, which, at times, was a dominant lineman.
The 33-year-old is entering his 11th NFL season -- all with the Cardinals. In 2013, he earned 36 total tackles along with 4.5 sacks, which was his most since 2010 when he had five.
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves