CBS Sports' Prisco: Cardinals' Andre Ellington underrated, Darnell Dockett overrated
It is with that in mind that CBS Sports' Pete Prisco created a list featuring one player from each team that fits into those categories.
For the Arizona Cardinals, he lists running back Andre Ellington as the most underrated player.
He is the prototype "air back." He can rip off long runs and hurt a defense in the passing game. He should be special this season for the Cardinals.
A fifth-round pick out of Clemson in 2013, Ellington emerged as a key member of the Cardinals' offense as a rookie, tallying 118 carries for 652 yards and 39 receptions for 371 yards. He scored a total of four touchdowns, and is expected to be the focal point of the team's offensive attack in 2014.
On the flip side, Prisco says defensive lineman Darnell Dockett is the most overrated player on the team.
He's still a decent player, but he's nowhere close to what he used to be, which, at times, was a dominant lineman.
The 33-year-old is entering his 11th NFL season -- all with the Cardinals. In 2013, he earned 36 total tackles along with 4.5 sacks, which was his most since 2010 when he had five.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- The Pulse: Most fans not very concerned with the Arizona Cardinals' preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.