Updated Jun 27, 2014 - 12:41 pm
Looks like Arizona Cardinals' Antonio Cromartie is still fast
At his size, that kind of speed was very, very impressive, and it helped lead him being selected 19th overall by the San Diego Chargers.
Cromartie has since put together a pretty impressive NFL career, picking off 28 passes over the course of eight seasons split between the Chargers and New York Jets.
He had a bit of a down year in 2013, though, intercepting just three passes and struggling at times in coverage. That could be attributed to a hip injury he was dealing with -- at least, that's what the Arizona Cardinals are banking on after signing the veteran to a one-year contract in the offseason.
Now 30, Cromartie is trying to prove he's still got it, and an Instagram video he posted Friday afternoon shows he's still plenty fast.
And ppl say I've lost a step. Only thing I can do laugh at you all. Ran 4.34 & 4.36 in the 40 today after a workout and I'm only getting faster thanks to @proactivesp and @goldmedalexcellence_chrisasher
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.