Updated Jun 27, 2014 - 12:41 pm
Looks like Arizona Cardinals' Antonio Cromartie is still fast
At his size, that kind of speed was very, very impressive, and it helped lead him being selected 19th overall by the San Diego Chargers.
Cromartie has since put together a pretty impressive NFL career, picking off 28 passes over the course of eight seasons split between the Chargers and New York Jets.
He had a bit of a down year in 2013, though, intercepting just three passes and struggling at times in coverage. That could be attributed to a hip injury he was dealing with -- at least, that's what the Arizona Cardinals are banking on after signing the veteran to a one-year contract in the offseason.
Now 30, Cromartie is trying to prove he's still got it, and an Instagram video he posted Friday afternoon shows he's still plenty fast.
And ppl say I've lost a step. Only thing I can do laugh at you all. Ran 4.34 & 4.36 in the 40 today after a workout and I'm only getting faster thanks to @proactivesp and @goldmedalexcellence_chrisasher
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?