Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu replies candidly to Twitter comment about him, Josh Gordon
Someone who is struggling from similar issues that used to plague Mathieu is Josh Gordon of the Cleveland Browns. The NFL's leading receiver in 2013 was pulled over for speeding over the weekend and subsequently arrested for DWI.
USA Today says that the Browns drafted Gordon in 2012 knowing he had drug issues in college at Baylor and Utah. He served a two-game drug-related suspension at the beginning of the 2013 season, and before being arrested Saturday, was already facing a ban of at least one year under the league's drug policy, although the receiver has appealed the ruling.
After news of Gordon's arrest started trickling in, the 23-year-old receiver began trending on Twitter. One user of the social media site mentioned Gordon and Mathieu together in a single tweet.
Josh Gordon needs to start hanging out with @Mathieu_Era— Chris (@Cryan215) July 7, 2014
The user, who calls himself Chris, was either trying to poke fun at "The Honey Badger's" past reputation, or perhaps he was just saying Gordon could learn from Mathieu's rehabilitation.
Either way, the Cardinals defensive back apparently looks at when he is tagged in a Twitter post, because he directly replied back the following.
Quite the honest, blunt answer from the soon-to-be second-year Cardinal. Mathieu's reply seems to acknowledge that's he has come a long way, but that his work is not yet finished.
Former NFL star Deion Sanders noticed Mathieu's response, as he tweeted a bit of affirmation to the Cardinals safety.
@Mathieu_Era lolol. You're a fool man. That's hilarious. I pray all is well my man. Truth— DeionSanders (@DeionSanders) July 7, 2014
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.