Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu replies candidly to Twitter comment about him, Josh Gordon
Someone who is struggling from similar issues that used to plague Mathieu is Josh Gordon of the Cleveland Browns. The NFL's leading receiver in 2013 was pulled over for speeding over the weekend and subsequently arrested for DWI.
USA Today says that the Browns drafted Gordon in 2012 knowing he had drug issues in college at Baylor and Utah. He served a two-game drug-related suspension at the beginning of the 2013 season, and before being arrested Saturday, was already facing a ban of at least one year under the league's drug policy, although the receiver has appealed the ruling.
After news of Gordon's arrest started trickling in, the 23-year-old receiver began trending on Twitter. One user of the social media site mentioned Gordon and Mathieu together in a single tweet.
Josh Gordon needs to start hanging out with @Mathieu_Era— Chris (@Cryan215) July 7, 2014
The user, who calls himself Chris, was either trying to poke fun at "The Honey Badger's" past reputation, or perhaps he was just saying Gordon could learn from Mathieu's rehabilitation.
Either way, the Cardinals defensive back apparently looks at when he is tagged in a Twitter post, because he directly replied back the following.
Quite the honest, blunt answer from the soon-to-be second-year Cardinal. Mathieu's reply seems to acknowledge that's he has come a long way, but that his work is not yet finished.
Former NFL star Deion Sanders noticed Mathieu's response, as he tweeted a bit of affirmation to the Cardinals safety.
@Mathieu_Era lolol. You're a fool man. That's hilarious. I pray all is well my man. Truth— DeionSanders (@DeionSanders) July 7, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.