Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu replies candidly to Twitter comment about him, Josh Gordon
Someone who is struggling from similar issues that used to plague Mathieu is Josh Gordon of the Cleveland Browns. The NFL's leading receiver in 2013 was pulled over for speeding over the weekend and subsequently arrested for DWI.
USA Today says that the Browns drafted Gordon in 2012 knowing he had drug issues in college at Baylor and Utah. He served a two-game drug-related suspension at the beginning of the 2013 season, and before being arrested Saturday, was already facing a ban of at least one year under the league's drug policy, although the receiver has appealed the ruling.
After news of Gordon's arrest started trickling in, the 23-year-old receiver began trending on Twitter. One user of the social media site mentioned Gordon and Mathieu together in a single tweet.
Josh Gordon needs to start hanging out with @Mathieu_Era— Chris (@Cryan215) July 7, 2014
The user, who calls himself Chris, was either trying to poke fun at "The Honey Badger's" past reputation, or perhaps he was just saying Gordon could learn from Mathieu's rehabilitation.
Either way, the Cardinals defensive back apparently looks at when he is tagged in a Twitter post, because he directly replied back the following.
Quite the honest, blunt answer from the soon-to-be second-year Cardinal. Mathieu's reply seems to acknowledge that's he has come a long way, but that his work is not yet finished.
Former NFL star Deion Sanders noticed Mathieu's response, as he tweeted a bit of affirmation to the Cardinals safety.
@Mathieu_Era lolol. You're a fool man. That's hilarious. I pray all is well my man. Truth— DeionSanders (@DeionSanders) July 7, 2014
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.