The Pulse: Ellington most likely to be face of franchise among Valley's young talent
But he isn't the only young promising talent in the Valley; he's just one of the only star-potential players who has made an impact to date.
That is, he's the only one who has made an impact of the four athletes we included in our Sanderson Ford Poll Question of the Day on Wednesday.
We gave you four prospective future 'face of the franchise' player for each major professional sports team in Phoenix and asked which you thought was most likely to be that player.
From the Phoenix Suns we offered Alex Len, while throwing out Arizona Diamondbacks' pitching prospect Archie Bradley and Arizona Coyotes' center Max Domi, along with the Arizona Cardinals' star running back.
Of the 633 votes submitted, 280 pinned Ellington as the superlative promise, while a close 240 tabbed Bradley.
Len garnered the fewest votes, with 26 -- just four percent of the total tally. And Domi grabbed 14 percent of the votes, with 87.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.