The Pulse: Ellington most likely to be face of franchise among Valley's young talent
But he isn't the only young promising talent in the Valley; he's just one of the only star-potential players who has made an impact to date.
That is, he's the only one who has made an impact of the four athletes we included in our Sanderson Ford Poll Question of the Day on Wednesday.
We gave you four prospective future 'face of the franchise' player for each major professional sports team in Phoenix and asked which you thought was most likely to be that player.
From the Phoenix Suns we offered Alex Len, while throwing out Arizona Diamondbacks' pitching prospect Archie Bradley and Arizona Coyotes' center Max Domi, along with the Arizona Cardinals' star running back.
Of the 633 votes submitted, 280 pinned Ellington as the superlative promise, while a close 240 tabbed Bradley.
Len garnered the fewest votes, with 26 -- just four percent of the total tally. And Domi grabbed 14 percent of the votes, with 87.
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.