The Pulse: Ellington most likely to be face of franchise among Valley's young talent
But he isn't the only young promising talent in the Valley; he's just one of the only star-potential players who has made an impact to date.
That is, he's the only one who has made an impact of the four athletes we included in our Sanderson Ford Poll Question of the Day on Wednesday.
We gave you four prospective future 'face of the franchise' player for each major professional sports team in Phoenix and asked which you thought was most likely to be that player.
From the Phoenix Suns we offered Alex Len, while throwing out Arizona Diamondbacks' pitching prospect Archie Bradley and Arizona Coyotes' center Max Domi, along with the Arizona Cardinals' star running back.
Of the 633 votes submitted, 280 pinned Ellington as the superlative promise, while a close 240 tabbed Bradley.
Len garnered the fewest votes, with 26 -- just four percent of the total tally. And Domi grabbed 14 percent of the votes, with 87.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.