Updated Jul 14, 2014 - 5:42 pm
Bruce Arians 13th in NFL.com head coach power rankings
Arians was recently ranked as the 13th best coach in the NFL by Elliot Harrison of NFL.com. He still finished below every other coach in the NFC West as Jeff Fisher placed one spot ahead of him at 12th, Pete Carroll ranked seventh and Jim Harbaugh came in third.
I'd like to see one more full year at the helm from Arians before placing him any higher on this pecking order. Arians was named 2012 AP Coach of the Year for his work as the interim head man in Chuck Pagano's stead, which led to his prompt hiring in Arizona last offseason. He continued his brief -- but impressive -- head-coaching run by pushing the Cardinals to 10 wins, including a victory over the soon-to-be-world-champion Seattle Seahawks -- in Seattle.
Now entering his second season in Glendale after winning 10 games in 2013, expectations for Arians are higher. It won't be easy as the Cardinals will need to fill voids at linebacker left by Karlos Dansby and Daryl Washington, but if running back Andre Ellington and wide receiver Michael Floyd can improve on their numbers from last season, the team has a lot of potential with Arians leading the way.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.