Updated Jul 14, 2014 - 5:42 pm
Bruce Arians 13th in NFL.com head coach power rankings
Arians was recently ranked as the 13th best coach in the NFL by Elliot Harrison of NFL.com. He still finished below every other coach in the NFC West as Jeff Fisher placed one spot ahead of him at 12th, Pete Carroll ranked seventh and Jim Harbaugh came in third.
I'd like to see one more full year at the helm from Arians before placing him any higher on this pecking order. Arians was named 2012 AP Coach of the Year for his work as the interim head man in Chuck Pagano's stead, which led to his prompt hiring in Arizona last offseason. He continued his brief -- but impressive -- head-coaching run by pushing the Cardinals to 10 wins, including a victory over the soon-to-be-world-champion Seattle Seahawks -- in Seattle.
Now entering his second season in Glendale after winning 10 games in 2013, expectations for Arians are higher. It won't be easy as the Cardinals will need to fill voids at linebacker left by Karlos Dansby and Daryl Washington, but if running back Andre Ellington and wide receiver Michael Floyd can improve on their numbers from last season, the team has a lot of potential with Arians leading the way.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!