Updated Jan 9, 2012 - 3:26 pm
Ex-Laker Shannon Brown returns to L.A.
Brown makes his first trip back to L.A. Tuesday when the Suns play the Lakers, Brown's former team. He signed with the Suns as a free agent when the lockout was lifted.
"It's the first place I went to where I really got a chance to play," he said of his two-plus season with the Lakers. "I really got a chance to showcase my abilities and I'm very thankful and grateful for that."
Brown played in all 82 games in each of his two full seasons in L.A., including the club's 2009-2010 NBA championship season when he averaged a career-high 21 minutes per game.
"I got a chance to play for one of the greatest coaches (Phil Jackson) to ever do it and then play with one of the greatest players (Kobe Bryant) to ever do it."
But more than what Brown was able to do on the court---he averaged a career-high 8.7 points last season, is what he was able to do off the court: mature.
"I learned a lot about myself," he said before the team left for L.A. "I grew up a lot. It was just a great experience for me."
So far this season Brown is struggling with his shot, just 33% from the field, which is a career-low. He has, however, posted back-to-back 14-point performances in the last two games, both Suns wins.
Phoenix is his fifth team in his sixth NBA season.
"My teammates and coaches, GM, owners, everybody has done a great job of welcoming me and making me feel comfortable."
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.