Kobe Bryant on Suns: 'I don't like them'
Bryant lit up the Suns for 48 points in Lakers' win Tuesday night, his highest single-game point total in the regular season since he scored 49 against the Suns on March 1, 2009.
In fact, Tuesday's output marked the 9th time in 45 games since 2004 (when Nash returned to the Valley) and 11th time in his career that Bryant has scored 40 or more in a game against Phoenix. It definitely appears that Bryant has it out for the Suns.
"I don't like them, I don't like them, it is plain and simple," Bryant said. "I do not like them, they used to whoop us pretty good and used to let us know about it, and I will not forget that."
In the span between Shaquille O'Neal's departure in 2004 and the Lakers acquiring Pau Gasol in February of 2008, the Lakers went 8-19 against the Suns, including the playoffs.
The Suns look to avenge their defeat to the Lakers in a rematch at Staples Center on February 17th.
- Tim Kempton, Suns' Analyst - Wednesday June 19Suns' Analyst Tim Kempton joins Doug and Wolf to talk about the NBA Finals game six and if the Spurs
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.