Updated Jan 31, 2012 - 7:09 pm
'Free Steve Nash' makes it to t-shirts
The thought is that the 37-year-old is suffering -- even languishing -- as he continues to put up great numbers for a team that isn't any good.
Thus, the "Free Steve Nash" movement was born, and while it doesn't quite have the political clout of say the Tea Party or Occupy Movements, it does have one incredibly important thing:
Somewhere, someone created and started selling shirts with the slogan written on the front.
We're not saying you should buy a shirt, and we're certainly not going to pretend like Nash is being held captive by the Suns organization.
By all accounts Nash will be traded if he wants to be, and so far it appears he is content to continue donning purple and orange on a nightly basis.
However, it's interesting to see Suns fans -- and NBA fans, in general -- begin to take pity on one of the game's best players.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.