ESPN: No trade talk for Steve Nash
Welcome to the Steve Nash no-trade train, ESPN.
While numerous Phoenix-based media organizations have been saying Nash is refusing a trade for weeks, ESPN has now jumped on the bandwagon.
J.A. Adande sat down with Nash to talk about his trade value, his desire to stay in Phoenix and the question of a title, which he may never win as a member of the Suns.
"I'm not oblivious to [the chance of] playing on a contender," Nash said. "But at the same time, especially in the position I'm in right now, I feel a sense of loyalty to my team. To go and ask for a trade, it's not like I'm going to say, ‘Trade me to...'
The desire to stay in Phoenix is a good thing for both the organization and fans. As Adanda points out, the Suns are not putting the best season together and don't look like they are going to stride confidently into the playoffs.
Nash told ESPN that he hopes the Suns can sneak into the eighth spot and make the playoffs this season.
However, there is no guarantee Nash decides to stay in Phoenix after this season, when his contract expires and $11.7 million goes off of the books for the Suns.
- Morris twins 'better together' for Phoenix Suns
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.