ESPN: No trade talk for Steve Nash
Welcome to the Steve Nash no-trade train, ESPN.
While numerous Phoenix-based media organizations have been saying Nash is refusing a trade for weeks, ESPN has now jumped on the bandwagon.
J.A. Adande sat down with Nash to talk about his trade value, his desire to stay in Phoenix and the question of a title, which he may never win as a member of the Suns.
"I'm not oblivious to [the chance of] playing on a contender," Nash said. "But at the same time, especially in the position I'm in right now, I feel a sense of loyalty to my team. To go and ask for a trade, it's not like I'm going to say, ‘Trade me to...'
The desire to stay in Phoenix is a good thing for both the organization and fans. As Adanda points out, the Suns are not putting the best season together and don't look like they are going to stride confidently into the playoffs.
Nash told ESPN that he hopes the Suns can sneak into the eighth spot and make the playoffs this season.
However, there is no guarantee Nash decides to stay in Phoenix after this season, when his contract expires and $11.7 million goes off of the books for the Suns.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.