Updated Feb 21, 2012 - 2:02 pm
Nash, by his standards, struggling at the foul line
Yes, it's been happening more this season after Steve Nash steps away from the foul line.
"Just haven't had a great rhythm at the line," he said. "Just misssed more than I usually would."
Now let's be clear, Nash is an excellent free throw shooter. The best. Ever. Or at least he was. After a 3-for-5 performance on January 12 against Cleveland, Nash dropped to second behind Mark Price as the NBA's all-time career free-throw percentage leader.
This season from the foul line Nash is shooting 87%, the lowest since his third year in the league. That number is still well above the league average, but below his 90% career average.
"I don't really worry about it because I feel like I can get hot, so to speak, and make a bunch," he explained after making 6-of-7 attempts Tuesday against Washington. "It's been a little bit of a struggle for me. I haven't really felt that great at the line."
His so-called struggles from the line haven't affected his shooting elsewhere on the court. In fact, compared to last season, he's shooting better in every category but free throw percentage.
He needs to make 24 consecutive free throws to reclaim the lead over Price.
"It doesn't matter," said Nash, "[Warriors guard] Steph Curry is going to beat us both."
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.