Updated Feb 21, 2012 - 2:02 pm
Nash, by his standards, struggling at the foul line
Yes, it's been happening more this season after Steve Nash steps away from the foul line.
"Just haven't had a great rhythm at the line," he said. "Just misssed more than I usually would."
Now let's be clear, Nash is an excellent free throw shooter. The best. Ever. Or at least he was. After a 3-for-5 performance on January 12 against Cleveland, Nash dropped to second behind Mark Price as the NBA's all-time career free-throw percentage leader.
This season from the foul line Nash is shooting 87%, the lowest since his third year in the league. That number is still well above the league average, but below his 90% career average.
"I don't really worry about it because I feel like I can get hot, so to speak, and make a bunch," he explained after making 6-of-7 attempts Tuesday against Washington. "It's been a little bit of a struggle for me. I haven't really felt that great at the line."
His so-called struggles from the line haven't affected his shooting elsewhere on the court. In fact, compared to last season, he's shooting better in every category but free throw percentage.
He needs to make 24 consecutive free throws to reclaim the lead over Price.
"It doesn't matter," said Nash, "[Warriors guard] Steph Curry is going to beat us both."
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.