Updated Mar 1, 2012 - 10:13 am
New Steve Nash trade rumor: Dallas for Lamar Odom
OK, here you go, courtesy of Dwain Price, who happens to be a Mavericks beat writer for the Star-Telegram in Dallas.
The word on the streets is that the Mavs may trade Lamar Odom to Phoenix for Steve Nash. That will get Odom closer to his home in LA.— Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) March 1, 2012
Of all the teams Nash may want to play for that are not the Suns, the Dallas Mavericks would likely be near the top of the list. They're a contender, he's familiar with the franchise after playing for the Mavs from 1998-2004, and his buddy Dirk Nowitzki still happens to play there.
But for Lamar Odom-Kardashian?
The reigning NBA Sixth Man of the Year has struggled in his first season in Big D, averaging just 7.7 points and 4.5 rebounds per game for the Mavericks. However, he's one of the more versatile forwards in the league (think a not- fat Boris Diaw), and is a player who used to always give the Suns problems when he was with the Lakers.
And, maybe most importantly, his contract has a team option for the 2012-13 season. Hello, cap space!
Of course, any idea of a Nash trade goes back to the team's seeming reluctance to part with its star. While it's possible the veteran has given management the OK to explore a deal, that idea goes against everything anyone has heard up to this point.
But, with the Suns struggling to stay on the playoff bubble and the Mavericks desperate to defend their NBA title, it's possible this could turn into a perfect match.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 3Coach says the Suns know who they are, so who are they?
- The DISH - November 29, 2013 - Friday November 29Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - November 27, 2013 - Wednesday November 27Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.