Updated Mar 1, 2012 - 10:13 am
New Steve Nash trade rumor: Dallas for Lamar Odom
OK, here you go, courtesy of Dwain Price, who happens to be a Mavericks beat writer for the Star-Telegram in Dallas.
The word on the streets is that the Mavs may trade Lamar Odom to Phoenix for Steve Nash. That will get Odom closer to his home in LA.— Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) March 1, 2012
Of all the teams Nash may want to play for that are not the Suns, the Dallas Mavericks would likely be near the top of the list. They're a contender, he's familiar with the franchise after playing for the Mavs from 1998-2004, and his buddy Dirk Nowitzki still happens to play there.
But for Lamar Odom-Kardashian?
The reigning NBA Sixth Man of the Year has struggled in his first season in Big D, averaging just 7.7 points and 4.5 rebounds per game for the Mavericks. However, he's one of the more versatile forwards in the league (think a not- fat Boris Diaw), and is a player who used to always give the Suns problems when he was with the Lakers.
And, maybe most importantly, his contract has a team option for the 2012-13 season. Hello, cap space!
Of course, any idea of a Nash trade goes back to the team's seeming reluctance to part with its star. While it's possible the veteran has given management the OK to explore a deal, that idea goes against everything anyone has heard up to this point.
But, with the Suns struggling to stay on the playoff bubble and the Mavericks desperate to defend their NBA title, it's possible this could turn into a perfect match.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.