Suns add Lindsey Hunter as team scout
Hunter will assist Suns head scout Bubba Burrage with evaluating talent in the NBA, D-League and college levels and provide crucial information needed to make team personnel decisions.
"We are very fortunate to have a proven champion like Lindsey on our scouting staff," Suns General Manager Lance Blanks said. "With ownership's support we are continually making investments in our future and having someone of Lindsey's caliber to help us evaluate players and make informed personnel choices will be invaluable."
Hunter played 17 seasons in the NBA with the Detroit Pistons, Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Lakers, Toronto Raptors and Chicago Bulls. While playing, Hunter averaged 8.5 points, 2.7 assists and 2.2 rebounds per game. He also appeared in 129 NBA playoff games and helped lead the Lakers to a championship in 2002 and the Pistons in 2004.
"I am thrilled to join an organization that has a proven tradition of winning like that of the Phoenix Suns," said Hunter. "I look forward to using my experiences in the NBA, as well as my knowledge of the game, to assist with bringing in the talent necessary for building a team that can consistently compete for a championship."
Hunter previously worked in the front office with the Bulls as a player development assistant after retiring in 2010.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?