Updated Mar 2, 2012 - 1:13 pm
Suns add Lindsey Hunter as team scout
Hunter will assist Suns head scout Bubba Burrage with evaluating talent in the NBA, D-League and college levels and provide crucial information needed to make team personnel decisions.
"We are very fortunate to have a proven champion like Lindsey on our scouting staff," Suns General Manager Lance Blanks said. "With ownership's support we are continually making investments in our future and having someone of Lindsey's caliber to help us evaluate players and make informed personnel choices will be invaluable."
Hunter played 17 seasons in the NBA with the Detroit Pistons, Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Lakers, Toronto Raptors and Chicago Bulls. While playing, Hunter averaged 8.5 points, 2.7 assists and 2.2 rebounds per game. He also appeared in 129 NBA playoff games and helped lead the Lakers to a championship in 2002 and the Pistons in 2004.
"I am thrilled to join an organization that has a proven tradition of winning like that of the Phoenix Suns," said Hunter. "I look forward to using my experiences in the NBA, as well as my knowledge of the game, to assist with bringing in the talent necessary for building a team that can consistently compete for a championship."
Hunter previously worked in the front office with the Bulls as a player development assistant after retiring in 2010.
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.