Updated Mar 2, 2012 - 1:13 pm
Suns add Lindsey Hunter as team scout
Hunter will assist Suns head scout Bubba Burrage with evaluating talent in the NBA, D-League and college levels and provide crucial information needed to make team personnel decisions.
"We are very fortunate to have a proven champion like Lindsey on our scouting staff," Suns General Manager Lance Blanks said. "With ownership's support we are continually making investments in our future and having someone of Lindsey's caliber to help us evaluate players and make informed personnel choices will be invaluable."
Hunter played 17 seasons in the NBA with the Detroit Pistons, Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Lakers, Toronto Raptors and Chicago Bulls. While playing, Hunter averaged 8.5 points, 2.7 assists and 2.2 rebounds per game. He also appeared in 129 NBA playoff games and helped lead the Lakers to a championship in 2002 and the Pistons in 2004.
"I am thrilled to join an organization that has a proven tradition of winning like that of the Phoenix Suns," said Hunter. "I look forward to using my experiences in the NBA, as well as my knowledge of the game, to assist with bringing in the talent necessary for building a team that can consistently compete for a championship."
Hunter previously worked in the front office with the Bulls as a player development assistant after retiring in 2010.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.