Updated Mar 2, 2012 - 1:13 pm
Suns add Lindsey Hunter as team scout
Hunter will assist Suns head scout Bubba Burrage with evaluating talent in the NBA, D-League and college levels and provide crucial information needed to make team personnel decisions.
"We are very fortunate to have a proven champion like Lindsey on our scouting staff," Suns General Manager Lance Blanks said. "With ownership's support we are continually making investments in our future and having someone of Lindsey's caliber to help us evaluate players and make informed personnel choices will be invaluable."
Hunter played 17 seasons in the NBA with the Detroit Pistons, Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Lakers, Toronto Raptors and Chicago Bulls. While playing, Hunter averaged 8.5 points, 2.7 assists and 2.2 rebounds per game. He also appeared in 129 NBA playoff games and helped lead the Lakers to a championship in 2002 and the Pistons in 2004.
"I am thrilled to join an organization that has a proven tradition of winning like that of the Phoenix Suns," said Hunter. "I look forward to using my experiences in the NBA, as well as my knowledge of the game, to assist with bringing in the talent necessary for building a team that can consistently compete for a championship."
Hunter previously worked in the front office with the Bulls as a player development assistant after retiring in 2010.
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.