Updated Mar 2, 2012 - 1:13 pm
Suns add Lindsey Hunter as team scout
Hunter will assist Suns head scout Bubba Burrage with evaluating talent in the NBA, D-League and college levels and provide crucial information needed to make team personnel decisions.
"We are very fortunate to have a proven champion like Lindsey on our scouting staff," Suns General Manager Lance Blanks said. "With ownership's support we are continually making investments in our future and having someone of Lindsey's caliber to help us evaluate players and make informed personnel choices will be invaluable."
Hunter played 17 seasons in the NBA with the Detroit Pistons, Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Lakers, Toronto Raptors and Chicago Bulls. While playing, Hunter averaged 8.5 points, 2.7 assists and 2.2 rebounds per game. He also appeared in 129 NBA playoff games and helped lead the Lakers to a championship in 2002 and the Pistons in 2004.
"I am thrilled to join an organization that has a proven tradition of winning like that of the Phoenix Suns," said Hunter. "I look forward to using my experiences in the NBA, as well as my knowledge of the game, to assist with bringing in the talent necessary for building a team that can consistently compete for a championship."
Hunter previously worked in the front office with the Bulls as a player development assistant after retiring in 2010.
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.