Updated Mar 2, 2012 - 3:41 pm
Report: Portland trying hard to trade for Steve Nash
According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, a source close to the situation told him Portland "has been interested in Nash for a while."
Stein notes the Blazers as an interesting trade partner because they, unlike many of the other rumored teams, actually have assets that may interest the Suns. That is, of course, if Portland is willing to part with some of its better players.
Yet even if the Blazers were willing to include the widely coveted Nicolas Batum in a package for Nash -- which is a matter of debate depending on who's doing the gossiping -- sources say Phoenix continues to put out the message that it won't deal Nash unless Nash asks to be traded. Which is something Nash has consistently said he won't do.
The trade deadline is March 15, so teams still have time to come up with offers, just like the Suns still have time to reject them.
Then again, maybe some team will come up with an offer that makes the Suns pull the trigger on a deal.
We have a couple weeks left to find out.
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.