Updated Mar 2, 2012 - 3:41 pm
Report: Portland trying hard to trade for Steve Nash
According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, a source close to the situation told him Portland "has been interested in Nash for a while."
Stein notes the Blazers as an interesting trade partner because they, unlike many of the other rumored teams, actually have assets that may interest the Suns. That is, of course, if Portland is willing to part with some of its better players.
Yet even if the Blazers were willing to include the widely coveted Nicolas Batum in a package for Nash -- which is a matter of debate depending on who's doing the gossiping -- sources say Phoenix continues to put out the message that it won't deal Nash unless Nash asks to be traded. Which is something Nash has consistently said he won't do.
The trade deadline is March 15, so teams still have time to come up with offers, just like the Suns still have time to reject them.
Then again, maybe some team will come up with an offer that makes the Suns pull the trigger on a deal.
We have a couple weeks left to find out.
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.