Updated Mar 2, 2012 - 3:41 pm
Report: Portland trying hard to trade for Steve Nash
According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, a source close to the situation told him Portland "has been interested in Nash for a while."
Stein notes the Blazers as an interesting trade partner because they, unlike many of the other rumored teams, actually have assets that may interest the Suns. That is, of course, if Portland is willing to part with some of its better players.
Yet even if the Blazers were willing to include the widely coveted Nicolas Batum in a package for Nash -- which is a matter of debate depending on who's doing the gossiping -- sources say Phoenix continues to put out the message that it won't deal Nash unless Nash asks to be traded. Which is something Nash has consistently said he won't do.
The trade deadline is March 15, so teams still have time to come up with offers, just like the Suns still have time to reject them.
Then again, maybe some team will come up with an offer that makes the Suns pull the trigger on a deal.
We have a couple weeks left to find out.
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Phoenix Suns waive guard Dionte Christmas
- P.J. Tucker and cash deserved
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.