Updated Mar 2, 2012 - 3:41 pm
Report: Portland trying hard to trade for Steve Nash
According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, a source close to the situation told him Portland "has been interested in Nash for a while."
Stein notes the Blazers as an interesting trade partner because they, unlike many of the other rumored teams, actually have assets that may interest the Suns. That is, of course, if Portland is willing to part with some of its better players.
Yet even if the Blazers were willing to include the widely coveted Nicolas Batum in a package for Nash -- which is a matter of debate depending on who's doing the gossiping -- sources say Phoenix continues to put out the message that it won't deal Nash unless Nash asks to be traded. Which is something Nash has consistently said he won't do.
The trade deadline is March 15, so teams still have time to come up with offers, just like the Suns still have time to reject them.
Then again, maybe some team will come up with an offer that makes the Suns pull the trigger on a deal.
We have a couple weeks left to find out.
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Phoenix Suns enjoy brief break, ready to resume playing
- Suns Strokes: Suns scrape by in win vs. Raptors
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.