Report: Portland trying hard to trade for Steve Nash
According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, a source close to the situation told him Portland "has been interested in Nash for a while."
Stein notes the Blazers as an interesting trade partner because they, unlike many of the other rumored teams, actually have assets that may interest the Suns. That is, of course, if Portland is willing to part with some of its better players.
Yet even if the Blazers were willing to include the widely coveted Nicolas Batum in a package for Nash -- which is a matter of debate depending on who's doing the gossiping -- sources say Phoenix continues to put out the message that it won't deal Nash unless Nash asks to be traded. Which is something Nash has consistently said he won't do.
The trade deadline is March 15, so teams still have time to come up with offers, just like the Suns still have time to reject them.
Then again, maybe some team will come up with an offer that makes the Suns pull the trigger on a deal.
We have a couple weeks left to find out.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?