Steve Nash: 'We're in a desperate position'
Their 11-3 run since February 19th has distanced the memory of a once 12-19 record and 13th place standing in the Western Conference.
The Suns put those days in the rear-view mirror thanks to a home-heavy part of the schedule. With Sunday night's win against Houston, the Suns improved to 10-2 over a period in which they played 12 of 14 at US Airways Center. Protecting the home court allowed the Suns to move past four teams, jumping to 9th; and now sitting only a half game out of a playoff spot.
"We've just got to go out there with a great attitude and spirit and try to win games," said Steve Nash. "We can't worry about the road or where we are. We're in a desperate position. We've fought back to where we've got a chance. We've got to approach every game like a playoff game."
At one point this season the Suns had more wins on the road than at home. Their road record now reads 8-12.
"I thought early on in the year we actually played a little better on the road," said Grant Hill, pointing to wins at Atlanta, Boston and New York.
"We started to sort of solve the problem at home," he continued. "We beat some good teams---teams that are ahead of us, teams that are in the playoff hunt, so we are playing with confidence and we just sort of have a good feel, good flow, a good rhythm offensively. Our defense is pretty solid [too]."
The Suns will see three of the top five Eastern Conference teams on this four-game trip that begins Tuesday in Miami.
"We're starting off with two tough games: Miami and Orlando (back-to-back)," said Jared Dudley. "Let's get a win early. Let's try and go shock Miami first game."
The Heat have gone two months without a loss at home. They've won 13 in a row since losing to the Milwaukee Bucks on January 22.
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite