Updated Mar 30, 2012 - 2:36 pm
Suns' Nash refutes Vecsey report
Despite the Suns' unwillingness to trade the two-time league MVP, speculation still runs rampant about Nash's future in the Valley.
Nash made the national media rounds Thursday, and while promoting Dove Men Care, the subject of his future with Phoenix came up, since the 38-year-old guard is a free agent at the end of the season.
Another report concerning Nash's future surfaced Friday out of the Big Apple, when NY Post basketball scribe Peter Vecsey wrote that Nash is furious with Phoenix brass over their failure to actively pursued former Sun Boris Diaw, who was cut by Charlotte and signed by San Antonio last week.
"It's the first I've heard of it. Obviously, I'd love to have Boris on the team but I never talked to anybody in New York," Nash said.
Nash also stood behind comments he made Thursday on a national radio show that indicated he wouldn't be interested in re-signing in Phoenix unless there were efforts made to improve the roster.
"We're a team that is in transition, so I thought everybody knew that we were waiting until the summer to improve the team," Nash said.
Nash also got a little more specific in describing what "improving the roster" actually means.
"If you look at our team, we don't have a 20-point per game scorer or a go-to guy, so it would be great if we could get that," he said. "If not, we're going to have to do it by committee and try to sign as good a player as we can."
Doesn't exactly sound like a guy who's furious at management and can't wait to get out, does it?
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 3Coach says the Suns know who they are, so who are they?
- The DISH - November 29, 2013 - Friday November 29Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - November 27, 2013 - Wednesday November 27Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.