Updated Mar 30, 2012 - 2:36 pm
Suns' Nash refutes Vecsey report
Despite the Suns' unwillingness to trade the two-time league MVP, speculation still runs rampant about Nash's future in the Valley.
Nash made the national media rounds Thursday, and while promoting Dove Men Care, the subject of his future with Phoenix came up, since the 38-year-old guard is a free agent at the end of the season.
Another report concerning Nash's future surfaced Friday out of the Big Apple, when NY Post basketball scribe Peter Vecsey wrote that Nash is furious with Phoenix brass over their failure to actively pursued former Sun Boris Diaw, who was cut by Charlotte and signed by San Antonio last week.
"It's the first I've heard of it. Obviously, I'd love to have Boris on the team but I never talked to anybody in New York," Nash said.
Nash also stood behind comments he made Thursday on a national radio show that indicated he wouldn't be interested in re-signing in Phoenix unless there were efforts made to improve the roster.
"We're a team that is in transition, so I thought everybody knew that we were waiting until the summer to improve the team," Nash said.
Nash also got a little more specific in describing what "improving the roster" actually means.
"If you look at our team, we don't have a 20-point per game scorer or a go-to guy, so it would be great if we could get that," he said. "If not, we're going to have to do it by committee and try to sign as good a player as we can."
Doesn't exactly sound like a guy who's furious at management and can't wait to get out, does it?
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t